Thursday, April 9, 2009

Things I Learned Today Via Twitter

People are always asking about Twitter, what it is and how I use it. I thought a convenient way to bundle this response would be to fill you in on today's Twitter highlights. Twitter runs in the background while I'm at work. If something interesting catches my attention, I'll usually mark the comment, known as a tweet, as a favorite to view at a later time.

Here are some of the highlights from Twitter today within our building:
  • My teammate is wondering whether it's best to buy district technology to map curriculum or to put technology in the hands of students.
  • A link the Twitter information of five kids under the age of 17 who are doing incredible things with Twitter and technology. Thee kids have over 10,000 followers.
Highlights from my Twitter Followings and Followers:
  • Recommendations for technology to purchase for student use (This was a response to a request I submitted, or tweeted.
  • Invitation to Webinar hosted by Classroom 2.0 Live - Future of Education Panel Presentation on Eluminate. Excellent hour spent with Steve Hargadon, Ruth Reynard, Karen Greenwood Henke, and Jim and Sara Beeghley
  • Links to countless blogs related to education (Could be an upcoming blog post.)
  • And the list goes on and on and on
And then, the icing on the cake....
My 21 year old son has joined twitter!

Someone posted a link on Twitter to a Google Spreadsheet documenting how other educators around the world are using Twitter. The spreadsheet is filled with good ideas and worth checking.

No comments:

Post a Comment